Summer sun excites many: clear, beautiful skies and the warmth of sun against the face. But there is a rather unpleasant side of summers as well: increased acne breakouts on face and body. Even though acne can catch you up any time all year round, susceptibility to get pimples increases considerably during summers. Are you also a victim wondering how to get rid of pimples? Stop worrying and just continue reading.
There are ways not only to treat summer acne but also beat the breakouts with a little vigilant approach. Here we will share with you not only the tips to beat acne but also 5 effective remedies to get rid of acne in summer.
Tips to Beat Summer Acne:
Here are a few tips that can help you stop acne before it starts:
- Choose the right sunscreen: Whenever going out, regardless of which weather it is, sunscreen is a must. If you have acne prone skin, use clear face sunscreen lotion labeled non-commedogenic. This means it won’t clog pores, a most common cause of acne breakouts.
- Be prepared for the summer grease: Dermatologists recommend keeping blotting papers in bags to deal with the summer grease. Whenever you are out, sebaceous glands become overactive, producing more oil. Use blotting papers to degrease your skin.
- Don’t use harsh skincare products: Using face washes, soaps and cleansers stuffed with harsh chemicals can result in skin irritation. Use mild face wash with salicylic acid as an active ingredient. It helps unclog pores but does not make your skin overly dry or feel itchy and stretched.
- Use Oil-eliminating ingredients: Read the labels when buying your everyday skincare products. Go for the one containing sulfur and salicylic acid. Together, these elements create a moderately drying effect, thereby protecting your skin from excessive sweating.
- Switch up skincare routine: If you have acne-prone skin then summers is the high time to witch up your skincare routine and add up some medicated products such as glycolic acid or salicylic acid pads. Also add an astringent to your morning cleansing routine. These easy-to-use products help easily remove dead skin cells and trapped bacteria.
Natural remedies to treat the pimples:
While drug stores are loaded with creams, lotions and serums claiming to treat acne in days, they are stuffed with harsh chemicals that can further worsen the condition.